Physician associate membership
As a member of the Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA), you are part of a professional membership body that campaigns for progress and change in the profession, advises government, and takes part in national debates on medical, clinical and public health issues.
Why should I join?
For £200 per annum, the FPA will support your continuing education and professional development throughout your career. Members benefit from a number of services specifically tailored to their needs as physician associates, including:
- inclusion on the Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR)
- free access to the CPD diary
- subscriptions to RCP publications, such as Clinical Medicine and Commentary
- discounts on a range of RCP conferences, workshops and events
- library services including access to ejournals, ebooks and databases, document delivery and free literature searches
- regular communications through the FPA president’s bulletin and RCP member emails.
To become a member of the Faculty of Physician Associates you should:
- be a graduate of a nationally recognised physician associate programme, including those accredited by:
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its successor agency, or
- by one of its predecessor agencies:
- Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA), or
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP):
- have passed the Physician Associate National Certifying Examination (PANCE) administered by:
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or
- British equivalents to any of those above.
- live, or work as a Physician Associate, in the UK.
How to apply
You can apply for full physician associate membership by downloading both forms (part 1 and part 2) and returning them to [email protected] .
Please make sure to download, complete and save the forms on your computer before attaching them to the email.
Payment options for new members
Currently, Direct Debit is the only method of payment that we accept for new applications for membership of the FPA. Please see application form part 1 for instructions on applying for membership.
We are unable to accept debit or credit card payments at the moment, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We will keep you updated in due course, and please get in touch if you have any questions.
Updated by Laerke Verver, 13 June 2017