The FPA census
The Faculty of Physician Associates runs an annual census for all UK physician associates and student physician associates. The annual census has several important uses including:
- to document the geographic and specialty spread of the profession and the scope of practice of physician associates. This information is of great interest to potential employers and policy makers
- to advocate for statutory regulation of the profession
- to assist potential employers in setting proper remuneration for physician associates they may wish to hire
- to document the advancement of the profession in the UK, for use in academic work or papers
- to record how many people have trained and qualified as physician associates but are not currently working as physician associates. This may indicate a need to modify training or job placement activities.
Please see below for the census results from 2014, 2015 and 2016.